Tuesday, July 5, 2011

NYC plans



Just wanted to give you an update on my planning for my NYC trip. So far, I have bought plane tickets for me and John to fly to Newark, NJ from Dallas. I decided to do that flight route because it was cheaper and it cost too much to fly from Amarillo to Newark. Newark is only 15 miles away from the city so we will ride to our hotel from the airport. We did reserve a hotel which is located very close to Times Square and I'm super excited about it! It'll be so neat to walk around and see stuff in that city. A couple of weeks ago, John bought tickets for us to go see a broadway and a Rockette show. He let me pick which show I want to see and I picked Wicked! I'm a Wizard of Oz geek, lol. The cool thing about broadways in NYC is that I can get an interpreter or an caption device to tell me what is being said during the show. Gotta love NYC for caring about deaf people!! That's all we have paid for so far. 

We still have a few things to do such as buying extra plane tickets to fly to Dallas from Amarillo so we can stay overnight at a hotel and then leave in the morning for the airport and buying passes to help save some money on places we will go see. I'm planning to reserve tickets for us to be able to get inside the Statue of Liberty and visit Ellis Island. It costs about $16 per person which isn't too bad like I thought it would be and hopefully we will be able to get inside. They let a certain number of people so I'll try my best to get reservations. We'll save extra for food, souvenirs, etc. That's all I can think of for now. Man, I'm so excited that I can hardly believe that the trip is in a few months! :) 


MySpace-Countdowns


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment